Sub-Activity 5.1 (Identify major scientific conference and facilitate plenary presentations on GEO and GEOSS):
This activity is led by IEEE.
In the frame of the EGIDA project, a concept for the outreach to scientific conferences has been drafted. The draft is available as doc.
An initial list of major science conferences has been started at http://www.geo-tasks.org/meetings_sandt/. This list will be updated as information about relevant meetings becomes available. Information on meetings should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other relevant information
In 2009, a list of the top ten conferences in attendance that are sponsored by one of those Societies was compiled for year 2008:
- 2008 IEEE International Conference on Microwaves, Communications, Antennas and Electronic Systems (IEEE COMCAS 2008)
- 2008 IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium (RWS)
- 2008 IEEE Wireless Communications & Networking Conference (WCNC)
- 2008 IEEE Radar Conference
- 2008 IEEE International Symposium on Electronics and the Environment (ISEE)
- 2008 International Symposium on Communications and Information Technologies (ISCIT)
- 2008 IEEE International Symposium on Technology and Society (ISTAS)
- 2008 International Joint Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies (BIOSTEC)
- 2008 IEEE Aerospace Conference
- 2008 Microwave Radiometry and Remote Sensing of the Environment (MICRORAD 2008)
- 2008 IEEE International Symposium on Geoscience and Remote Sensing