2nd GEOSS Science and Technology Stakeholder Workshop
GEOSS: Supporting Science for the Millennium Development Goals and Beyond
Bonn, Germany, August 28—31, 2012
GEOSS Services for S&T: Feedback from the Users
The GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI, see the diagram below) provides a number of services relevant to S&T Communities within and outside of GEO. In addition, other existing and developing services related to GEO and GEOSS are of value to S&T Communities. The side event had the goal to familarize the Workshop participants with these services and to collect feedback from the participants.
The feedback utility is part of the GEOSS Science and Technology Service Suite (GSTSS) and available through the GSTSS Feedback page.
The services currently included in the Feedback Utility are:
- GEO Web Page: Provides general information on GEO, its components and activities, GEO-related meetings, documents, and achievements, and it gives access to a Newsletter.
- GEOSS Common Infrastructure (GCI):
- GEOSS Science and Technology Service Suite (GSTSS): A service suite for the linkage between S&T communities and GEO.
- Continuity Indicator Database: a prototype database for continuity indicators for GEOSS components.
- UNEP-Live: Tracking the State of the Environment (prototype, tbc).
The services included in the GSTSS, which focus on S&T communities, were developed in the frame of the EGIDA project funded by the European Commission.